Saturday 12 October 2013

Moroccan Spiced Plum Chutney

This batch of chutney was made from a recipe which I adapted.  Seasonal Preserves by Joanna Farrow.  Ingredients include Victoria Plums from my garden,




onions, fresh ginger, dates,




cinnamon, turmeric, cumin seeds,



organic cider vinegar, sugar, pine nuts,




and Ras el Hanout.  I loved the idea that Barts add Rose Petals to this spice mixture. I can truly say that this is the second preserve this year to include rose petals...



I look forward to some tagines during the winter months with a little of this chutney, or flatbreads with slow roasted lamb and vegetables.  Or with bread, hummus and roasted red peppers.  It would also work well as a marinade for lamb prior to cooking....but I must wait another month or so for it to mature and for the flavours to develop.........


No comments:

Post a Comment